I can’t get enough of the Stuff You Missed in History Class podcast, put out at least weekly by the folks in the history department at How Stuff Works. Here’s a selection of their recent podcasts:
- How Lucrezia Borgia Worked
- St. Paul’s Watch and the London Blitz
- The Caning of Charles Sumner on the Senate Floor
- How the Boston Molasses Flood Worked
- How the Newsboy Strike of 1899 Worked
- …and so forth
Each episode is usually about 15 minutes, but they do range from about 8 minutes up to 25 minutes. They’re conducted as a conversation between two editors of the HSW website, with each having done extensive research and working to educate the other. These are lively, accessible, and thoroughly researched productions, and they solicit listener feedback and follow-up through the HSW website.